Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tikoy/Nian Gao (Chinese New Year's Cake)

A few days after the fiesta celebration here in our place, it was time for the yearly welcome on lunar new year, as the day and the eve fell on a weekday hence a school day, we didn't get to celebrate the event. My mom asked me to still prepare the traditional pancit or miswa, steamed fish and dumplings but I was too lazy and I kinda have other things on my mind so I didn't, hehe. But, as I am a sucker for food, though I swear I am on a diet, I can't and wouldn't resist the allure of Nian Gao or more commonly known as Tikoy, and because family friends tend to have Tikoy as giveaways and gifts, the supply and availability wasn't really a problem *grins*.

Photos below were of the more common variants - pandan, classic white and ube. All are equally good but I prefer the white and the brown one, when it comes to Tikoy, the simpler, the better.

Kung Hei Wat Chai!






No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love you right, so do your part, show mama some lovin'...