So, Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of no-meat Fridays, non-intake of meat, in any kind, was also observed yesterday, we had Fried Prawns, and though I am sorta, kinda allergic to some seafood, I still tend to loose track and eat some, moderation is the key and a steady supply of medications *lol*. Anyways, for this year's Lent, I'm going to give up on rice, I'm still deliberating on meat, I'm not really sure if I can pass up on meat that easily *pouts*. For this blog, I plan on posting food and recipes that are Lent-friendly, hopefully. And to start the ball rolling, an easy but oh so yummy dish - Piniritong Sugpo (Fried Prawns).
- Sugpo/Prawns (the more, the merrier *lol*)
- cooking oil (go healthy, try any kind of vegetable oil)
You just have to:
- Clean the prawns thoroughly, be sure to buy fresh!
- Boil a few cups of water with half a teaspoon of salt, depends on the number of prawns you're going to cook though.
- Drop the prawns, put the lid and let it simmer for two minutes, it'll turn orange-y in color. Set aside.
- Heat some oil, fry the prawns for a minute or two on both sides and you're done.
- Serve with vinegar dip.
So, it's bye-bye rice for me, see you on Easter Sunday, my favorite grain in the whole world :D