Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cravings: Nilupak

According to Mr. Wiki, Nilupak is a dessert made from mashed cassava, sweet potatoes or saba bananas with butter or margarine.

I know nothing about sweet potatoes and saba bananas, the Nilupak I know and grew up to is made up of kamoteng-kahoy or cassava.  The one featured below is one of those ready-made nilupak one can find in the market, it has grated cheese on top instead of butter or margarine and it's not as sweet as those nilupak of random street peddlers.  Not many folks in the metro sell nilupak and as I'm sort of maarte, I don't really buy food from people I don't know, so I haven't eaten homemade nilupak (the one with margarine) in a long, long time.

I had been craving for nilupak for weeks before my nanay chanced upon one in our community market, I think I ate three bars in one go, imagine that!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love you right, so do your part, show mama some lovin'...