I have a story to tell, a very, very sad story if I may say, I am reaping what I had sowed my friends, the giving into sweet cravings and pigging out had taken its toll on my body, I was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes *sad face*.
It might have been my eating habits or I might have inherited it from my tatay, or I'm just getting old and my body can't function that well with baby A inside, whatever the reason is I have to do some drastic changes for my baby and I. First off, instead of cravings and that, I need to keep it healthy, no more giving into temptations.
So, from now on, I'll try (as hard as I can) to be super mabait and masunurin to the doctor's and my mom's and my hubby's and my son's orders, kahit na sobrang daming bawal at dapat gawin, sige, para kay Baby A, I'll do it!
|Tuna and Cheese Sandwich|
Tuna and Cheese Sandwich
- Tuna spread
- Cheese, any kind (I used Cheddar Quezo de Bola)
- Wheat Bread
- Grab two slices of wheat bread (approx. 30g of carbohydrates), spread a teaspoon (or more, if you prefer) of the tuna spread on both slices, top the first one with cheese, then put together.
- Pop it in the oven for two minutes and you're done.
*** You can actually turn this recipe into a Tuna Cheese Melt, just use any quick-melt cheese and voila, another tuna sandwich variety *smiles*.
- Tuna Spread
- Lettuce, tear into pieces
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Onions, caramelized
- Wheat Bread
- Grab two slices of wheat bread, spread a teaspoon (or more, if you like) of tuna spread on both slices. Top the first one with lettuce, tomatoes and caramelized onions, put together and pop in the oven for two minutes, if you want it crunchy, just add on the minutes, you know the drill.
- Canned Tuna (in vegetable oil), any variety
- Mayonnaise (I opted for the light one)
- Pickles, finely chopped
- Onions, finely chopped
- Salt, a pinch
- Pepper, a pinch
- Just mixed everything together. Have a taste and tweak it according to your preference.
- Put the mixture in a sealed jar or any plastic containers and keep refrigerated. Good for those grab and go moments *smiles*.